Top Ten Tips for the Blue Moon
This month we are blessed with a Blue Moon…this rare occurrence happens when we have two full moons in one month. The last one was in 2012 and the next one will be 2018, so make full use of this one.
It is known as a blue moon because every moon has a specific name regarding the month it falls in. When we have a second moon it doesn’t have a name so we call it the blue moon.
The first full moon of the month is in the earthy sign Capricorn, and the second moon is in the airy sign of Aquarius, the moon of new ideologies, thinking outside the box and seeing the world from new perspectives.
The focus this month, therefore, is how can you best root your ideas and visions into the physical plane so that they start becoming your reality. What practical action needs to be taken now for you to have an abundant harvest later in the year? let the answers bubble up from you inner wisdom and find some time in nature and silence in order to be able to hear them.
Here are my Top Ten Tips for surfing this coming month effortlessly!
- Go out in nature, sit under a tree and become aware of the energy of nature around you, the trees, leaves, branches, grass, sunlight, wind, clouds, birds. Feel one with it, a part of it, and surrender to the feeling of gratitude for being alive.
- If things get stressful do 7/11 breathing; breathing in for 7 and out for 11. It calms down the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems so that the whole body calms down.
- Find some silent time each day to just sit and come back to the now, breathe, integrate and get clear.
- Write a gratitude diary every night of all the things that happened in the day that you are grateful for and feel that gratitude flow around your body.
- Choose an area in your life that is limiting you and holding you back, whether it’s an addiction, negative behavior or conditioned pattern. Really make a disciplined and structured effort to go through the fear and release its hold over your life.
- Go on a detox this month, e.g. cutting out sugar, refined/processed foods, alcohol, anything deep fried etc and see how different you feel after a week
- Commit to doing something creative, that you love, at least once a week, and see it as sacred time for you – you deserve it!
- Feel the warm sun on your body sending you huge waves of light energy that feeds your cells and blood. Imagine this light energy filling up your whole being, and rejuvenating it.
- Get your paperwork/filing/accounts in order, pay invoices and prepare now for the harvest in September.
- Keep your awareness open to all the success that comes your way this month. Very often we only count ‘successful’ with big, meaningful experiences, but successes come in all shapes and sizes. When we miss the daily successes we are missing the magic in the ‘ordinariness.’
This summer is all about taking personal responsibility for your needs and desires. Consciously make some personal time to do something that honours your creativity; writing, poetry, music, art, sculpture, etc If we don’t make time for ourselves we are not serving ourselves fully, and this can lead to burn out!
Enjoy the Journey… xxx